Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What About Mylea Jo??

August 7, 2010

The ride home was long and silent. We were all in shock. Our lives had changed so drastically in 24 hours. I fell asleep around Conway and woke up in Van Buren. I wouldn't say that I slept ... more like I was so tired that my eyes couldn't stay awake any longer.

I dreaded being at home. How was I going to walk in my front door? Leightyn is written all over my house. There are pictures, clothes, schoolwork, toys...everywhere!! How would I live in this house without always seeing her unconscious in my bed and in the drive-way waiting on the ambulance? To this day, I don't know if I will be able to live here forever....it just seems to hard.

When we pulled down our street (around 11:30pm), I felt like I had just hit a brick wall. Our house was full of friends and family. They were just waiting on us to get home. As I got out of the car, Mylea came up to me. I hugged her as tight as I could. She asked "Where's sissy?". Landen told her that "Lei Lei had gone to be with Jesus". I cried as he told Mylea her sister was gone. Mylea began patting me on the back and said "it's ok, it's ok mommy". God had prepared Mylea for this. She knew (in her own way) that Leightyn was with Jesus.

Later that night (or early Sunday morning) as we were getting ready for bed, Mylea made a comment about "my sissy sleeping with Jesus". Some time, early that morning, I was sitting in the computer room with Landen. We were both upset. Mylea walked in and asked "what was wrong". We told her "we were just sad". I'll never forget Mylea looking up with big eyes saying "me too...I miss my sissy". She asked why Leightyn was with Jesus. She wanted to know if she was sick. She asked if she was going to see Jesus. Then she wept. Not a little cry...but weeping. It was a gut wrenching cry that told us enough. She was so upset about Leightyn being gone.



We all wept together.

No comments:

Post a Comment