Thursday, August 19, 2010

Changes in Landen

The following post was written by Landen on August 8, 2010

Well, as most of you know it has been such a roller coaster ride over the past few days (and many days to come). It is so hard to believe that our precious little Lei Lei is not with us anymore. You all dont know how much your prayers, kind... words, encouragement, and support have meant to us. We will love her always and never forget her. I want you all to know that even though we all prayed for a miracle healing, it wasnt part of God's will, but that doesnt mean that there weren't other miracles. So dont be discouraged, and ask Why God? It is one thing to say "God, Your will be done", but it is totally another thing to believe it and accept it.
With that being said I would like to share my personal testimony, in hopes that God may be glorified, and maybe, just maybe it will help at least one other person come to Christ. (maybe someone who is going through the same)
I have always gone to church for as long as I can remember, I was saved at my Poppa's house when I was seven years old. However, even though I "believed" in Jesus and the cross, and his redemption. I didnt fully understand what it meant to be a true / authentic Christian, and live my life for Him. I continued to be involved in church, (church camps, choir tours), but as I got older, it was like I went to church because I was "suppose to".
As I got into high school, I didnt have the passion and desire to stand out for him, I was more worried about fitting in, and what people thought about me. Then on into college, I found myself falling even further from God and church, and eventually got envolled in things that I told myself I never would.
About three years ago, with the help of my pastor and my wonderful wife. I began to get my life back on track that it had derailed from so many years ago. I got into Gods word, involved more in church and He began to transform me into the godly man that I desire to be. For years now (on and off) I have not know one hundred percent that if I were to die or if Jesus returned, that i would spend eternity with Him.
Now that I was so envolved in church, (teaching sunday school class, youth, awanas, and yes even a Deacon) I was once again too worried what people would think if walked the isle to make sure that I know Him. Pride! I even tried talking myself into believing my own salvation.
There are some scriptures that kept comming to my mind.
#1 "even the deamons believe and tremble James 2-9"
#2 "as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead" James 2-26
#3 ""Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' 44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." Matthew 24 41-46
On aug 7 2010, outside of Arkansas Chrildrens Hospital, I ask Christ to come into my life once and for all, knowing that he is my all in all, and I want to be a better Christian, husband, dad, brother, uncle, son, son-in-law. Now i know that i know, and I feel so much better because of that. Its tough not knowing 100% if you would spend eternity with God. 99% sure is not enough!!! I thank Him for second chances, for all my many blesisngs for my little angel who is now in heaven with Him and knowing that one sweet glorious day, i will spend eternity with Him and praising and worshiping His name, and see my family members and baby girl again!!!

God Bless!

1 comment: